Copyright 2011. figNoggle Designs.
7x10, 7x12, 7x14 Mini-Lathe Information
Post a link to your website or view other hobby and machine and metalworking websites for free.
Rent Mill & Lathe DVDs at Smartflix | Great aluminum & steel prices at OnlineMetals
All of the How-To's are listed under each section under the "MACHINES" since each machine has its own related how-to. Some how-to's overlap in method, concept, or more.
This is a list of all current how-to's:
8x12 Lathe: (click to view index page)
- tighten the synch belt
- shim your bit in the turret toolpost
- take apart the carriage
- install a Phase2 quick change tool post (QCTP)
- remove the stock 4" self-centering 3-jaw chuck with a 4" independent 4-jaw chuck
- adjust the leadscrew gears
X2 Mini Mill: (click to view index page)
- quickly setup your vise
- tram your mill (x-axis)
- remove the torsion spring
- make your stock brass nuts anti-backlash
- remove the Y-axis leadscrew from the retaining block
- setup a rotary table
- upgrade your stock 16TPI leadscrew and brass nut
- adjust your X and Y axes for smoother operation / backlash stuff too
- remove the X-axis leadscrew from the retaining plate
- hold workpieces to the table
- drill and tap nice centered holes (and how to use a wiggler!)
- measure the inside of something using a telescoping gage and micrometer
- what is backlash and what can be done about it?
- mini mill belt drive (coming soon!)
- making acetal gib strips for the mini mill
- making acetal/delrin anti-backlash nuts (and an alternate method of table removal)
- installing ballscrews in the X and Y axes
Looking for mini-mill help and how-tos? How about lathe help and how-tos?We're prototyping a benchtop CNC vertical mill using the DigiSpeed-XL interface card for Mach, Dart Controls and KB Electronics KBIC/KBMM 90VDC motor controllers, 1.5HP treadmill motor from Surplus Center and a R8-spindle head from the X2 mini-mill - not to mention Gecko servo drives and an entirely closed-loop system. Come take a look!
CNC 8x12 Lathe
Check out our newest developments like the CNC/DRO 8x12/8x14 lathe using Gecko drives, break-out board, NEMA 34 step motors, DRO and more!
Sieg X3 and Super X3 Grizzly G0463 Info
T-Mobile MDA / Cingular 8125 / HTC Wizard Hacks, Tweaks, Tips, Tricks and More!
Metal Working FAQ.NET
Your source for metalworking and machining, tips, tricks, and more. Over 50 content wiki sites!
T-Mobile MDA and Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard) Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Reviews, Hacks, Tweaks, Tips, Tricks, and More!